Clinic to Cloud and Coviu Telehealth both aspire to extend
Clinic to Cloud recommends our Telehealth partner - Coviu. Through Coviu, clinicians can conduct Telehealth consults regardless of their location. Clinicians aren't 'location bound' and provide patients with the ability to access to early diagnosis online, clinically intervene, and provide better care anywhere.
The Short Version
- Reduce unnecessary travel and improve your time efficiency with your choice of teleconferencing service. We recommend Coviu. Discover how to use Coviu and Clinic to Cloud for Telehealth appointments below.
- Patient Portal encourages patients to take control of their health by inviting them to attend telehealth appointments and provides instructions on how to connect.
- Patient Portal allows patients to upload their referrals, book appointments, and pay outstanding invoices anywhere, anytime.
- Reach more patients and provide patients with equitable access to care, including remote communities and immobile patients.
- Use telehealth item numbers through Clinic to Cloud's billing and invoicing (including the latest COVID-19 item numbers).
Set up Coviu
Follow the below 5 easy steps to ensure your schedule and appointment types are read correctly:
Set up Telehealth schedule and appointment types
- Register to Coviu (our recommendation) or another chosen telehealth provider, then log into Clinic to Cloud.
- Go to Settings and select Define your C2C.
- Then, select Appointment Types and create a Telehealth appointment
(e.g. telehealth initial – Dr Smith, telehealth follow up – Dr Blogs etc).
- Select Scheduler Category and add a new scheduler category for Telehealth appointments and link the newly created appointment types.
- Update each relevant provider’s Doctor Schedule to allocate the correct timeslots dedicated to providing a telehealth service.
Customise your patient appointment reminders
Coviu allows users to include a Waiting Room to ensure patients know how to log in at the right time, as well as a Consult Room link for each provider.
Clinic to Cloud notifications can be established to support Coviu’s links in the following 2 ways:
- Automatic SMS/Email Reminders: these SMS/email notifications (with the Coviu link) can be sent to the patient before their appointment. Learn how to create these SMS/email reminders specific to each appointment type for each provider here.
- Welcome to Our Practice Message
When inviting patients to log in to their Patient Portal, adjust the Welcome to Our Practice Message to include a universal Coviu Telehealth link. Learn how to update the Welcome to Our Practice Message here.
Customise your SMS/Email Reminders by going to Settings > Notifications, and adjusting the notifications, which will notify your patients of their upcoming Telehealth appointments.
Your Welcome to Our Practice Message is customised through Settings > Notifications by clicking on Customise Your Message under the Patient Portal heading.
KEY TAKEAWAY: In addition to your regular appointment reminder information within the SMS or Email reminders, for Telehealth appointments, you MUST add your Coviu waiting room link provided by Coviu.
Patient Portal Customisation
Allow your patients to register online, complete pre-appointment questionnaires, access their results online, pay outstanding invoices, and more.
Once a Welcome to Our Practice Message has been created, enable the Patient Portal and customise what the patient can and can't see or do. Click here to learn how to customise your settings and enable the Patient Portal. After customising the Patient Portal, click here to learn how to configure your providers for the Patient Portal.
Direct patients to the Clinic to Cloud Patient Hub to provide them with more information on how to use the Patient Portal if needed.
Billing Telehealth items
Clinic to Cloud supports Telehealth billing and claiming and also enables practices to track consult duration and to claim automatically and correctly. Click here to learn more about Automated Claiming.
MBS items numbers used for video conferencing, such as 99, 112, 149, 288, 389, 2820, 3015, 6016, 13210, 16399 and 17609 are used in conjunction with a range of existing MBS items numbers, all of which are recognised by Clinic to Cloud.
If you have registered for Online Payments then you will be able to accept payments for your consultations directly through the Patient Portal. You can discover how to do this within this article.
If you require any assistance or advice on how to set up one or more of the above to ensure your patients can connect to your new Telehealth appointments and operate your practice smoothly, please do not hesitate in contacting our Customer Support team on (02) 8705 5808 or email@example.com
Don't forget to find important updates and information on the Department of Health Alert Page here to keep your practice up-to-date during this time.