The Item Number Service Date report can be used to show the amount billed against each item number based on the service date. The report can be filtered by provider, location, payment type, item number and date. You can also select to see any payment against the billed items. This report can be used to find total amounts billed for certain items, allowing you to see which items you are billing most frequently.
Note: This report is only available to users with Practice Admin access.
The Short Version
- Go to Reports > General Reports
- Select Item Number Service Date in the Report Type dropdown
- Filter the report as required
- Save as Favourite (if you need to run this report again in the future)
- Click Show
- Download Excel as required
1. Go to Reports > General Reports.
2. Select Item Number Service Date in the Report Type dropdown.
3. Use the filters as required:
- Doctor - You can select multiple providers from your list of users or leave blank to show all providers.
- Location - Select locations from the dropdown or leave blank to show all locations.
- Payment Types - Select payment types from the dropdown or leave blank to show all payment types.
- Items - You can use the tick boxes to select the item numbers included in the report. You can then filter further by selecting specific item numbers which you would like to run the report for.
- Exclude - If you want to exclude certain item numbers from the report, add them to the Items field and then tick the Exclude option.
- Date - You can select a specific set of dates or use the radio buttons to quickly select a set period.
- Show Payment Details - Although this report is showing the items on invoices by the Service date, select this option to show any payment details against the item.
4. Once you have added all filters, if this is a report which you would like to run again in the future, click Save as Favourite.
Name the favourite and Save.
Next time you run this report you can select your Favourite and your filters will be automatically added.
5. Click Show to run the report.
This report will show the following information using the date of service:
- Patient (with link to the patient file)
- Account Holder
- Item Number
- Amount (Invoiced amount for the item number)
- Description (Item number description)
- Invoice (with link to the invoice)
If you have selected the Show Payment Details option you will also see any payments added against the item number. The total will show at the bottom of the report.
Note: If there are multiple pages, use the Items per page dropdown to increase the items on the page.
6. Select Download to Excel if you would like to export the report in xlsx.