Documents that are saved on a computer can be added during a consultation, through the patient's clinical window. This can be helpful for attachments that may have been emailed about the patient.
- Double click on the patient's appointment.
- Click the Plus + icon on the Documents tab.
- Select Browse and select the file saved on your computer.
- Adjust any of the file details if required.
- Click Upload.
1. Double click on the patient's appointment.
2. Click on the Plus + icon on the Documents tab, or open the Documents tab and click on Add Document.
3. Click Browse to open the file on your computer.
4. The file name will be inserted automatically, but you may overwrite this by typing into the File Name field.
5. Select a date for the document from the Document Date field.
6. Choose a Document Type from the drop-down field. This Document Type will affect how the attachment will be categorised within the clinical record.
7. Record a Description if required.
8. Click on Upload.
9. The Document will then be visible within the Clinical Journey, and within the Documents tab.
|The Download button allows you to download a copy of the file to your computer.|
|The Edit icon allows you to change the file information.|
The Delete icon allows you to remove the file from the patient's clinical record.
If a Document is deleted by mistake, it can be recovered by a Practice Admin user from Settings > Deleted Items. This process is outlined here.
The Document will be displayed in the Clinical Journey tab.
The Printer icon will print the Document when clicked.
|The Edit icon allows you to change the information about the file.|
|The Hide icon allows you to mark a Document as hidden. Hidden Documents will appear with a greyed out hue in the Clinical Journey.|
10. The Document will also be visible within the Documents tab of the Patient Demographic window.