Adding the referral to the patient file
1. Go to patient file by clicking patients on the left hand tab and enter patient name to search
2. Once you find the patient click the downward arrow next to the name of the patient and click edit
3. Click the referral section in the file and then click +Add Referral
4. Fill in the mandatory fields (all that have a red * are mandatory)
If the referring Doctor has previously been added to your contact list then you can type the name and they will appear. If this is a new referrer click the plus sign to add them to your contact list.
5. Once all of the details have been added click 'Create'
a. Referring Doctor- this doctor needs to be listed as a contact in your practice, with the 'referring doctor' box ticked. You can also add the doctor as a contact by clicking the icon
b. Receiving Doctor- this field is not mandatory, but if you have more than one doctor in your practice, you can select the receiving doctor if desired
c. Duration- select the duration of the referral from the dropdown list
d. Date of Referral- select the date the referral was written
e. Start Date- select the first date the referral will be used
f. Expiration Date- this is automatically input based on the start date and referral duration
g. Provider Number- this is automatically input from the referring doctor's information
h. Notes- you can add any notes relating to this referral
6. Once the referral details have been added click the Attach file paper clip to attach a copy of the physical referral to the file
7. Browse for the file on your computer. name and date then click 'Upload' to attach it.
8. Click 'Close'