A fee estimate is used to create a quote for a patient procedure. The fee estimate links to the surgical appointment (or day surgery), and allows you to manage the procedures under procedure management. From here, you can create an operating list to send to the hospital, and create a post-procedure operation report.
The Short Version
- Use the Fee Estimate icon to create
- Select the type of fee estimate you are creating
- Add details to Fee Estimate, Procedure and Checklist tabs
- Save as Favourite for next time
- Publish to the Patient Portal
- Save & Close or Save & Print
The Fee Estimate icon is located in on the top-right corner of Clinic to Cloud.
With An Appointment
1. Highlight the appointment until a blue highlight appears around the appointment.
2. Once your appointment is highlighted click the Fee Estimate icon.
Without An Appointment
Click the Fee Estimate icon, enter in the name of the patient, and select the patient name from the drop-down.
3. Choose the Doctor and Location from the drop-down lists. Then type in the name of the procedure and the billing option dependent on the patient, and click Create. If your procedure name is not in the list you can add it into the list following the instructions in this guide.
4. You will notice three tabs along the top of your fee estimate to work through. Complete the Fee Estimate tab and confirm all fields are correct.
5. Add the item numbers for the procedure under Item Details.
6. Add any notes for the hospital into the Notes for Operating section. This will only be seen on the Operating List for the hospital. This can be used for things such as to notify the hospital of any equipment required for this procedure.
7. Add any notes, pre-operation, post-operation instructions, and disclaimers under the Customise Text for Fee Estimate Printout heading. Click the Plus icon to choose from your fee estimate templates, or click the Pencil icon to edit the text. To add fee estimate templates, you can follow the instructions in this guide.
8. Click the Procedure tab to add further information about the procedure. If you do not have this information yet, it can be added at a later date. This information will pull into the Operating List and Operation Report.
Note: Multiple stakeholders can be added using the Others Involved field.
9. The Checklist tab allows you to add your customised checklist to manage this procedure, to ensure that staff have completed all related tasks before the patient goes in for the procedure.
To add a customised checklist, you can follow the instructions in this guide.
10. If this is a common procedure, you can use the Save as Favourite option to save all of these fields to use in future. You can then provide a name for your favourite.
A) The next time you want to use these procedure details, you can then type your favourite name into the Load from Favourite field at the top of the window to populate this information again automatically.
11. The Publish to Patient Portal tick-box in the Fee Estimate tab will send this to the Patient Portal for the patient to review. This reduces the need for printing and allows the patient to access this information when required. For more information, please review the Patient Portal article.
12. Click Save & Close to save into the patient file and leave this page, or click Save & Print to print this Fee Estimate for the patient.
Note: If you exit the screen before saving, you will receive a browser pop-up warning you to save before exiting.