Companies are used to record the details of any suppliers, laboratories, health funds, or other third-parties that you interact with in your practice. Companies are stored within your address book for use for Workcover Claims, adding Stock Items, or as Account Holders for patient invoices. They are separate to Person Contacts which are usually individuals. A Company record must be created before a Person Contact may be linked.
- Click the Plus icon beside Contacts in the sidebar.
- Change the Personal Details radio button from Person to Company.
- Enter the required information about the Company.
- If they are a Supplier, Insurance Company or Laboratory, select the Business Type.
- Click Save.
Adding a Company
There are two areas where you may add a Company.
A) Click the Plus icon beside Contacts in the sidebar.
B) Click on Contacts in the sidebar and click Create.
1. Fill in the details about the Company. The required fields that need to be filled before you can save are:
- Company Name
- Address Line 1
i) If the Company is a supplier for a Stock Item that you sell, then you will need to set the Business Type to Supplier.
ii) If the Company is a laboratory company for use for pathology or radiology requests, then you will need to set the Business Type to Laboratory.
2. Click Save.
Editing a Company
1. Click on Contacts in the sidebar.
2. Click on Filter My Results to expand the Filter information.
3. Expand the Different Views section using the downward arrow icon.
4. Select Companies from the Different Views.
5. Search for the Company in the search box and press Enter on your keyboard or select the business from the drop-down menu.
6. Hover over the Company to select Update from the Actions column.
7. Make any required changes to the Company and click Save.
Deactivating a Company
If a Company record is no longer required, you may choose to deactivate the record to prevent it from showing in searches and within the Active Contacts List.
1. Hover over the record in the Contacts List, and select Deactivate from the Actions menu.
2. The Company will move into the Deactivated tab of the Contacts List.
Reactivating a Company
Once deactivated, a Company will move into the Deactivated tab of the Contacts List. If you would like to reactivate a Company, you can do so from the Deactivated tab.
1. Open the Deactivated tab within the Contacts List.
2. Hover over the Company record, and select Activate from the Actions menu.
3. The Company will then be available in the Active tab, and able to found in searches throughout Clinic to Cloud.