Note: This article is intended for Clinic to Cloud customers whose Start Date was before the 25th September 2020. If you started after this date, please read this article.
Clinic to Cloud allows your practice to complete Online Claiming for Medicare and ECLIPSE. Having the ability to claim online means less administration, faster claiming for patients, a reduction in the risk of human error and simpler financial reporting for your practice.
You are only able to submit claims from one Practice Management Software at any given time, so it's important that your completed Medicare forms are only sent to Medicare after consulting with your Customer Success Advisor to align this with your Start Date with Clinic to Cloud.
|How to Complete your Medicare Forms
Medicare Banking Details Form:
- A Minor ID/SAP number per location will be provided by your Customer Success Advisor.
Note: Minor ID/SAP numbers are required to complete your Medicare Banking Details form.
- Download one form per location, per provider.
Note: If you have more than one location and/or more than one provider, you will need to download multiple forms.
- Fill one form per location, per provider.
Note: This form MUST be electronically completed.
☁️ IMPORTANT: If all providers are paid into one account, you will only need to complete this form once per location. However, if some providers are paid into their own accounts, the provider will need to fill one form per location.
Medicare Online Claiming Form:
- A Minor ID/SAP number (main location) will be provided by your Customer Success Advisor.
Note: Minor ID/SAP numbers are required to complete your Medicare Online Claiming form successfully.
- Download one form for your main location (practice), per provider.
- Fill one form for your main location (practice), per provider.
Note: You will not require a PKI (refer to 'Your details, 3') and this form MUST be electronically completed.
☁️ IMPORTANT: If a provider has already been registered to claim electronically, you will NOT need to fill this form again for this provider.
|How to Submit your Medicare Forms
Once you have completed your Medicare forms, please speak to your Customer Success Advisor to confirm when to send your forms directly to Medicare. It's important the forms are submitted in line with your Clinic to Cloud Start Date, as your team will only be able to submit via Clinic to Cloud once approved by Medicare.
Each form contains instructions on where to return the completed forms for processing.
Once you have sent your completed forms, this should to be processed and approved within 5-7 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need a PKI Certificate (Public Key Infrastructure)?
No, you do not need a PKI Certificate. This is required for practices using a server-based platform.
- Do I have to send both forms for each location to Medicare?
Not necessarily. The Banking Details form will need to be filled and submitted per location, whereas the Online Claiming form will need to be completed and submitted once.
- Can I submit these forms without a Provider Number?
No, you will need to have a provider number per provider per location. Click here to learn how to apply for a Provider Number if needed.
- When should I be sending off these forms to Medicare?
5-7 business days prior to your Start Date with Clinic to Cloud, however, please consult your Customer Success Advisor prior to doing so.
- How will I know once the forms have been approved?
If you do not hear from Medicare, please call Medicare using the correct contact numbers on the forms to check the status of your application prior to your Start Date.
- Once Medicare has approved, can I continue to claim from my previous software?
No, once Medicare has approved you to claim through Clinic to Cloud, this will be your only avenue for claiming for these provider numbers. For that reason, your Customer Success Advisor will carefully time when you should submit your Medicare forms to be ready to go for your Start Date.
- If I have claims pending in a different software, can I still submit these forms to Medicare and then resubmit them through Clinic to Cloud?
If you already have claims pending in your current Practice Management Software, please allow these to go through from your previous software and enter new claims in Clinic to Cloud once approved.