To complete this upgrade you will need to follow the below instructions for each instance of Practice Middleware. Once completed, your middleware will continue to work as before.
Note: Only users who have Practice Admin access will be able to complete the upgrade of middleware.
The Short Version
- Go to Settings > Practice Middleware
- Check which instances of middleware need updating
- Ensure you are logged into Clinic to Cloud on the computer that has a middleware instance which needs updating
- Click Update
- Reselect middleware folders
- Click Apply
- Complete upgrade for all instances of middleware requiring an update
1. As a user with Practice Admin access, go to Settings > Practice Middleware.
2. If you have middleware downloaded, you will see all instances and the status for each.
If the computer you are currently logged into has an instance of middleware requiring an update, it will show: "This version of middleware will not be supported soon. Click update to upgrade to the latest version."
If you are logged into a computer other than those that require an update, the computers requiring an update will display: "This version of middleware will not be supported soon. Log in to this computer and click update to upgrade to the latest version."
3. To be able to upgrade the middleware, you will need to ensure that you are currently logged into the computer that has the outdated instance of middleware installed. If you can see the option to Update, this is the computer you are currently logged into.
If you are logged into a different computer, you will need to log on to the computer with the middleware installed before continuing. Use the middleware Name and IP address to confirm which computers require an update. If you have multiple versions of middleware on different computers, you will need to login into each computer and complete the following steps.
4. Click Update.
Note: If the update option is not showing, selecting Get Practice Middleware will also download the update.
5. The new version of middleware will be downloaded. Click on this download within your internet browser window and run the update.
6. Once downloaded you will need to open your middleware, to do this, go to your computer search option and search for Practice Middleware and double click to open.
Note: If you are asked to log in again, use your Practice Admin Clinic to Cloud login details to log back in.
7. For each of your currently used folders, you will need to re-select the existing folder on your computer. For each option select Choose Folder and select the corresponding folder on your computer. Once you have re-selected each folder click Apply.
Note: These folders are usually added to a folder called Clinic to Cloud or C2C on your C drive or desktop.
8. When you go to Settings > Practice Middleware you will now see the updated middleware without the Update button. The update is now complete.
If at any time you are asked to log in to your Practice Middleware and it is not yet updated, you will be prompted to update before continuing. Use the instructions above to complete the upgrade.