This article is a reference for admin users correcting and sending letters as part of the Voice Recognition workflow.
Defaulting the To and CC field to Referrer and Interested Parties
1. Ensure that Referrer is added into the patient’s file. This will then default the To field to the referrer for a letter created after a consult.
2. Ensure Interested Parties are added into the patient’s file - this may include other specialist doctors or companies involved with the patient’s care. This will then default the CC field to those contacts.
Identifying letters to be actioned
Letters ready for your action will appear in the Letters List tab.
There are two statuses you should look out for: Recognised and Signed.
Recognised Letters are those for which the doctor has completed dictation and will require your review before sending. Simply select the Edit Voice icon (microphone) to review the dictation.
Signed Letters are ready to be sent to the recipients.
How to edit letters
- Select the play button to hear the recording
- Select the back and forward buttons to move back/forward in increments of 5 seconds.
- Do not delete and re-write the entire sentence, but rather only edit the words or phrases which were transcribed incorrectly. This is because Voice Recognition uses predictive learning to build the user’s voice profile over time by pairing the audio with the text output. so if the text varies from the audio, the Voice Recognition will be learning incorrect behaviour.
If the doctor has enabled admins to sign on their behalf, you can Sign and send the letter.
If the letter needs to be reviewed by the doctor before signing, you can Create Letter from Recognised Text.
To come back to the letter at a later time, select Suspend.
How to send letters
If the recipient has Secure Messaging, ensure their Secure Messaging ID is added into their Contact card under the Secure Messaging tab.
A small padlock will appear on the send icon, you can choose to Send secure messages automatically after signing the letter to save time.
If the recipient does not have secure messaging with the same provider that your practice uses, the letter can be printed and sent manually outside of Clinic to Cloud.
After the letter is sent, it will be moved to Archived Letters.
We recommend ensuring the dictation letter is marked as default to save the doctor time when creating letters. Update this in Settings > Templates > select template > Default
Configure whether to send secure messages automatically for each doctor in User Settings > Common Settings > Send secure messages automatically after signing the letter (TBC)
Determine your Letters to Create alert by appointment type at User Settings > Letters to Create Settings. If a consult for the selected appointment types is finished without a letter being created, there will be a notification in the Letter to Create list.