When you send a letter via Secure Messaging this will show in the Sent Messages section. From here you can view the message status and resend the message when required.
The Short Version
- Send a letter via secure messaging from the Letters List
- Go to Secure Messages > Sent Messages
- Check the Message Status to confirm the message has been delivered and acknowledged
- Resend, view or hide as required
1. From Letters List > Signed tab or Sent tab you can send a letter via secure messaging by clicking on the Send Secure Messaging icon.
2. The message will then show in Secure Messages > Sent Messages.
3. You will be able to see if your message has been sent in the Message Status column. There are four statuses a message can have:
- Waiting to send - The message is queued to be sent to the secure messaging provider. If your message has not changed from this status after an hour please contact our support team for investigation.
- Undelivered - The message has reached the secure messaging provider and is queued to be forwarded to the recipient. If the secure messaging provider is not able to forward this message to the recipient they will give us an error to display in the Error Details column.
- Delivered - the message has been successfully delivered from the secure messaging provider to the recipient.
- Acknowledged - The recipient has opened the message. Please note that not all secure messaging providers support this final status and will simply display Delivered regardless of whether the message has been opened.
4. Any errors will appear in the Error Details column. Note: Common errors are related to the secure messaging information in the contact details, check this information and try resending.
5. If the message needs to be sent again, do this by clicking the resend icon.
6. View a message using the icon, and hide a message using the icon. Hidden messages will show in the Hidden tab.