Clinic to Cloud's inbuilt Two Factor Authentication (sometimes known as Multi-Factor Authentication) is a setting that provides a further level of security to your Clinic to Cloud login process. Two Factor Authentication requires a mobile-generated code to be entered in addition to your password when a user logs in to Clinic to Cloud. This provides an extra layer of security for your patients' sensitive information.
The Short Version
- Turn on Two-Factor Authentication
- Download the Google Authenticator App
- Scan the barcode
- Enter your Auth Code
- Use this app as required when logging in to Clinic to Cloud
- If you change phones, reset your Auth Code from Settings > Users > Reset
1. As a User with Practice Admin access go to Settings > Practice details > General
2. Tick Enable Two-Factor Authentication
3. You will then have the ability to select how often the user will need to use the mobile-generated code when logging in.
Please note: If this is activated, anyone currently logged in to your practice will be logged out and forced to input their authentication code.
4. When a user first logs in after the authenticator is turned on will need to follow the below instructions:
- Install the Google Authenticator app on your phone
- Open the app, tap Begin Set Up
- Choose to Scan Barcode and then scan the barcode which will show on the login screen
- Once the barcode is scanned, a code will show that will need to be entered in the Auth Code field.
Note: This is for users in your practice, not patients.
5. Next time enter your password when logging into Clinic to Cloud, you will need to open your Google Authenticator app, and enter the code into the Enter Auth Code field.
6. If a user in your practice has changed phones or needs to receive a new code for any reason, a Practice Admin user will need to follow the below steps to reset the code:
- Go to Settings > Users
- Click on the Reset Two-Factor Auth option
- When this user next logs in they will need to go through the steps above to add the app, and scan the new barcode.