From the Scheduler
(invoice icon for the patient label is located on the top right side of the scheduler page)
With an appointment
1. If the patient has an appointment on the scheduler you can click their appointment once to highlight it (it will show a blue line around the appointment if it is highlighted) then click the invoice icon (shown above) PROCEED TO STEP 2
Without an appointment
1. Click the invoice icon and type the name of the patient
2. Choose the 'Doctor' and 'Location'
The above pop-up will appear. Complete the information 'In-patient' and 'Workcover' Then click 'Create'. (Choose the relevant claim number from the drop down arrow)
3. All of the relevant information will pull into the invoice from the appointment. If you have invoiced incorrectly (under the wrong location, date, account holder) you will need to re create the invoice.
4. The referral can be changed if required by clicking the 'Drop Down Arrow' or if there is no referral you can click the 'Plus icon' next to the 'Referral' section to add the referral details.
5. There are optional fields to complete if required
- 'Admission Date' and 'Discharge Date' are not mandatory fields, but if you want to complete them you can. If you do complete this section this invoice must be created after the patient has been discharged or it will error.
- 'Imaging Machine' only needs to be completed if you are billing for an LSPN related item number.
6. Type into the 'Item No' to add the relevant item numbers if known.
7. Alternatively you can 'Search by Description'
8. Once you have added your item you need to complete the relevant details for the item.
- You have the ability to add or change the 'Date of Service'. You can also add multiple dates onto one invoice.
- Choose the relevant 'Payment Type'
- Add 'Duration' time if relevant
- Tick the 'Not related Care Plan' or 'Not Standard Aftercare' if relevant
- Add 'Notes' to this item number if relevant
NOTE: If it is a Workcover NSW claim you will need to select AMA.
9. Click 'Add Item'
- The item will fill into the invoice
- Items to be added one by one as per instructions above
- Remove any item by clicking the 'Trash Can' icon
- MPR, If multiple procedure items have been added to an invoice the MPR rule will automatically pop-up and the 'MPR' tick box will be ticked (MPR = multiple procedure rule)
- You can then choose your percentage settings
- MPR for Private Fees, If you would like to apply the MPR to your private fees as well as the rebate click the tick box 'MPR for Private Fees'
Note: If you are invoicing for Workcover NSW, you will need to select 150/75/75
- Add 'Distance' in km if relevant
10. If you are using the Patient Portal and would like this invoice to be visible to the patient, leave the Publish this Invoice radio button selected.
11.The totals appear on the invoice based on what items you have selected. At this point you would 'Save and Print' and send the invoice to the workcover company paying this bill
12. When the payment is received, Find a patients invoice to add the payment.
Add the payment to the invoice by clicking 'Payment' and typing the payment into the relevant section. (for example: If it is paid by Cash you would type the amount next to cash) Once you have added this then click save or enter to apply the payment.
13. Once the details are saved the amount due should show zero and the 'Transaction History' will show the applied payment details. Click the 'Print' option to Print the invoice and send a copy to the workcover company.