From the Scheduler
(invoice icon for the patient label is located on the top right side of the scheduler page)
With an appointment
1. If the patient has an appointment on the scheduler you can click their appointment once to highlight it (it will show a blue line around the appointment if it is highlighted) then click the invoice icon (shown above) THEN FOLLOW THE STEPS FROM STEP 2
Without an appointment
1. Click the invoice icon and type the name of the patient
Choose the 'Doctor' and 'Location' THEN FOLLOW THE STEPS FROM STEP 2
2. The below pop-up will appear. Complete the information 'Out-patient' and 'Private' Then click 'Create'. (the Account Holder will display in brackets next to the private option, if this is incorrect you will need to change the account holder in the patients file under Account Info >> Account Holder)
3. All of the relevant information will pull into the invoice from the appointment. If you have invoiced incorrectly (under the wrong location, date, account holder) you will need to re create the invoice.
4. The referral can be changed if required by clicking the 'Drop Down Arrow' or if there is no referral you can click the 'Plus icon' next to the 'Referral' section to add the referral details.
5. There are optional fields to complete if required
- 'Admission Date' and 'Discharge Date' are not fields that need to be completed for an Out-Patient invoice.
- 'Imaging Machine' only needs to be completed if you are billing for an LSPN related item number.
6. Type the item number into the 'Item No' field.
7. Alternatively you can 'Search by Description'
8. Once you have added your item you need to complete the relevant details for the item.
- You have the ability to add or change the 'Date of Service'. You can also add multiple dates onto one invoice.
- Choose the 'Payment Type' (If you elect 'Private', you have the ability to change the price or add a discount)
- Add 'Duration' time if relevant
- Tick the 'Not related Care Plan' or 'Not Standard Aftercare' if relevant
- Add 'Notes' to this item number if desired
9. Click 'Add Item'
- The item will fill into the invoice
- Items to be added one by one as per instructions above
- Remove any item by clicking the trash can icon
- MPR - MPR for Private Fees are not relevant to an outpatient invoice
- Add 'Distance in km if relevant
10. The totals appear on the invoice based on what items you have selected. Add the payment to the invoice by clicking 'Payment' and typing the payment into the relevant section. (for example: If the patient pays via Cash you would type the amount next to cash) Once you have added this then click save or enter to apply the payment.
Note: If the patient has a deposit against their account and would like to utilise this, list the value in the deposit field and that will be used against the payment of the invoice.
11. Once the details are saved the amount due should show zero and the 'Transaction History' will show the applied payment details. Click the 'Print' option to Print the invoice.
12. If the patient is entitled to a refund from Medicare you click the claim button. Once you do this a new tab will highlight itself with the patient claim information that has been sent to Medicare. They will receive their rebate from Medicare.