The Short Version
- Click on the patient appointment
- Select the invoice icon
- Get Fee Estimate if relevant
- Enter invoice information
- Take payment
- Save & Claim and Print if relevant
From the scheduler
(invoice icon is located on the top right side of the scheduler page)
With an appointment
1. If the patient has an appointment on the scheduler you can click their appointment once to highlight it (it will show a blue line around the appointment if it is highlighted) then click the invoice icon (shown above) PROCEED TO STEP 2
Without an appointment
1. Click the invoice icon and type the name of the patient
Choose the Doctor and Location PROCEED TO STEP 2
2. The below pop-up will appear. If you have previously created a Fee Estimate and linked this to the appointment, complete the information in-patient and Private and click Get Fee Estimate. Learn how to link a Fee Estimate to an appointment here.
If a Fee Estimate was not created you will select Create.
3. All of the relevant information will pull into the invoice from the Fee Estimate and appointment.
4. The referral can be changed if required by clicking the Drop Down Arrow or if there is no referral you can click the Plus icon next to the Referral section to add the referral details.
5. There are optional fields to complete if required
- Admission Date and Discharge Date are not mandatory fields, but if you want to complete them you can. If you do complete this section this invoice must be created after the patient has been discharged or it will error.
- Imaging Machine only needs to be completed if you are billing for an LSPN related item number.
6. Type into the Item No the item number if known
Note: If you have created the invoice from the Get Fee Estimate option these item numbers will automatically pull into the invoice from the fee estimate.
7. Alternatively you can Search by Description
8. Once you have added your item you need to complete the relevant details for the item.
- You have the ability to add or change the Date of Service. You can also add multiple dates onto one invoice.
- Choose the Payment Type (If you select Private, you have the ability to change the price or add a discount)
- Add Duration time if relevant
- Tick the Not related Care Plan or Not Standard Aftercare if relevant
- Add Notes to this item number if relevant
9. Click Add Item
- The item will fill into the invoice
- Items to be added one by one as per instructions above
- Remove any item by clicking the Trash Can icon
- MPR, If multiple procedure items have been added to an invoice the MPR rule will automatically pop-up and the MPR tick box will be ticked (MPR = multiple procedure rule)
- You can then choose your percentage settings
- MPR for Private Fees, If you would like to apply the MPR to your private fees as well as the rebate click the tick box MPR for Private Fees
- Add Distance in km if relevant
10. The totals appear on the invoice based on what items you have selected. If the patient has Medicare Card and Health Fund details in their demographics the Medicare Rebate and Health Fund Rebate will show next to the item. 75% Medicare rebate and 25% Health Fund rebate. The invoice will then calculate the relevant Out of Pocket cost for the patient from this information.
Note: The Medicare Rebate and Health Fund rebate will only show for MBS item numbers.
Add the payment to the invoice by clicking Payment and typing the payment into the relevant section (for example: If the patient pays via Cash you would type the amount next to cash).
Note: If the patient has a deposit against their account and would like to utilise this, list the value in the deposit field and that will be used against the payment of the invoice.
11. Once the details are saved the amount due should show zero and the Transaction History will show the applied payment details.
12. If the patient is entitled to a refund from Medicare click Save & Claim. Once you do this a new tab will open with the Statement of Claim.
Note: The patient will need to claim the Health Fund rebate directly with the Health Fund.
13. Click the Print option to print the invoice.