How to recall your patients
A recall is used to remind a patient that they need to return to the practice for a check up/follow up.
1. You can set a recall either in the consult or from the scheduler page. Click the + symbol to add a recall.
From the Scheduler - Top left of page
Consult - Top right of page
2. After clicking the + symbol a popup box will appear as seen below. Complete the fields and click 'create' (Red* is a mandatory field)
See details below on which each field is.
1. Patient name (mandatory): Add patient name
2. Reason: Reason patient needs to be recalled
3. Doctor (mandatory): Name the Doctor the patient needs to see on the recall date
4. Location: Choose the location the patient needs to come back
5. Set Recall Date: Choose the date patient needs to return
6. Or After: Choose when the patient needs to return in months instead of a selected date
7. Repeat: Choose repeat options in months and years
8. Stop Recalling: Choose a date to to stop the recall repeat
9. Notes: Add any notes
SET RECALL ACTION
Send SMS: Type text message template to go out at the time of recall
Create Letter: Write template to go to the patient at time of recall
If you do not set off the 'Set Recall Action' to action automatically then when the patient is due to return to the practice; admin will be notified with an orange bubble on the scheduler to action the recall manually.
To action a recall manually - Follow the instructions below.
1. Click the recall icon as shown in above screen shot
2. Go to your 'Recalls to action' tab
3. You have a few options when you manually action the recall.
- Phone the client to book them in for their recall, the number will sit next to the patient details.
- Create a document/letter by clicking on the document icon on the scheduler page and writing a letter to the patient (see below icon)
- By clicking the edit pencil next to the patient name in the 'Recalls to Action tab' and ticking the 'Create Letter' option. Write the Letter and then click 'Save' and follow the steps from 4
- If you have already created the letter when adding the recall you can click action and follow the steps from 4
- Send a text message from the icon on the scheduler page (see below icon) OR if you have already created the SMS when adding the recall you can click action and follow the steps from 4
- By clicking the edit pencil next to the patient name in the 'Recalls to Action tab' and ticking the 'Create SMS' option. Write the SMS and then click 'Save' and follow the steps from 4
4. Once you have taken action on this click the action button
5. Choose the action you have taken on this task and add notes if you would like to, then click 'Ok' to save
6. This will now move into your recall into your complete tab