The process for creating a BUPA ADF invoice changes depending on whether you are invoicing for an inpatient or outpatient service.
Note: All BUPA ADF invoices must be sent manually to the health fund. They are unable to be claimed through Clinic to Cloud. BUPA ADF use their own online claim submission gateway called iRBS.
- Inpatient invoices can be created as normal and sent to the fund manually.
- (Outpatient) Create a generic fee schedule for the BUPA ADF outpatient fees.
- (Outpatient) Create a Company record for BUPA ADF.
- (Outpatient) Set the patient's Account Holder to the BUPA ADF Company record.
- (Outpatient) Create the invoice and send to the fund manually.
Preparing for Creating a BUPA ADF Invoice
To receipt a BUPA ADF invoice, you will need to ensure that manual payments are allowed under your Practice Details. This must be done before creating the invoice.
1. Open Settings > Practice Details.
2. Tick Allow Manual Payments in the Invoice Settings section.
3. Click Save.
1. Set the patient's Health Fund to BUPA ADF in their demographic window, and enter their Membership Number.
2. Create a new invoice using the No Gap or Known Gap options.
3. Tick Allow Manual Payments.
4. Complete the invoice as required.
5. Email the invoice to BUPA (firstname.lastname@example.org), or use BUPA's online claiming system (iRBS) to submit the claim. For more information on this, please contact the fund.
1. Create a Custom Fee Schedule that contains the BUPA ADF outpatient fees and upload this. You may need to acquire this from the fund, or create the fee schedule manually. Instructions for creating and uploading a custom fee schedule can be found here.
2. Create a Company record for BUPA ADF. Instructions for creating a Company can be found here.
3. Set the patient's Account Holder to the new BUPA ADF Company record, through the patient's demographic window.
4. Create the outpatient invoice, and select BUPA ADF as the Account Holder in the Third Party Billing section.
5. Complete the invoice.
6. Email the invoice to BUPA (email@example.com), or use BUPA's online claiming system (iRBS) to submit the claim. For more information on this, please contact the fund.