Since the beginning, Clinic to Cloud have recognised the value of engaging patients in their healthcare journey, by complementing our patient-centric software with the online Patient Portal.
To stay ahead of the ever-evolving needs of medical practices, we have reviewed our Patient Portal and have plans to further improve and enhance its capability. Above all, our goal is to provide you with a truly contactless patient management experience, taking patients from referral to receipt seamlessly via the cloud.
This article provides details of our newest updates which will be released in the coming weeks. Use the below information to familiarise yourself with these changes and how you can implement these in your practice.
What will be new?
Clinic to Cloud is very excited to present a safe, scalable payment solution for your patients called Online Payments.
Once released, your patients will have the ability to pay their accounts directly from within the Patient Portal through one of the world-leading online payment systems, Stripe.
- Patients will be able to pay their outstanding invoices instantly without needing to contact your practice.
- Enhance your telehealth consultation experience by providing a simple and secure payment process for patients.
- Reduce time spent recovering aged debts by encouraging the use of the Patient Portal.
- No lock-in contracts or patient registration fees
Where to begin?
You will receive an email notification on the day of release to let you know that Online Payments are available. There will be links to the documentation you require so you can be up and running as quickly as possible.
What is changing?
Enhanced Security for Patient Access
Privacy and security is always a top priority for Clinic to Cloud and these changes will continue to ensure that we provide you with the industry standard of security through our partnership with Microsoft and Azure, your patients can feel secure in settling any outstanding debts with lower security risks.
Therefore, we are making adjustments to the way patients log into the Patient Portal. There will be multiple feature updates coming in this space, the first of which is to upgrade the security of the login process and improve how we verify a patient's identity prior to granting access to their medical records. This is achieved by the following methods:
- Secure access link provided directly to the patient via SMS or Email each time they log in.
- No more passwords for patients to remember - they can login via Email or Mobile Number and DOB.
- By restructuring the login process to include both the practice consent and the Patient Portal terms and conditions prior to first access, we can allow you to present your patients with information about their privacy rights, fee structures and more, in accordance with the needs of your practice.
Look and Feel
We are upgrading the design of the Patient Portal to make it more intuitive, modern, and streamlined. Included in this feature release are improvements allowing the Patient Portal to be viewed and usable on any device.
When a patient logs into the portal for the first time, they will be able to update their demographics and accounts information before the first consultation, to streamline their arrival into your clinic, further reducing administrative workload.
Improvements to the patient demographics screen in Clinic to Cloud will show how many times they have been provided access to the Portal, and you will have the ability to block access to the Portal if required.
What do I do now?
To keep up with the incoming changes for Patient Portal, look out for emails from our Clinic to Cloud team. We will be holding webinars and publishing Help Centre content to support you through this change.
If you would like to register your interest to be contacted closer to the release date of our new Online Payments please submit your details here and we will be in touch.