Using the Doctor App, Obstetricians can view more gestational information and have pregnancy management options at the point of care.
These features in the Doctor App are only available when:
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology module is enabled in the practice
- Provider specialty type is Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Patient is female
- The patient is pregnant with an open obstetric record, the first antenatal appointment must have been completed on the web.
Note: These changes do not apply to initial or post-natal consultation types. At the initial consultation, there is no obstetrics data on record yet, and at the post-natal consultation, an obstetric record is no longer open.
The Short Version
- Book obstetric appointment as required
- View obstetric information on the appointment
- Open patient consult via appointment or patient search
- Add notes to the Obstetrics History tab
- Enter a Birth Record when required
Booking an obstetric appointment
1. Click on the add appointment icon on the top right-hand side of the screen.
2. Enter the appointment details and search the patient name.
3. Ensure that the Obstetric Consult option is selected.
4. Click Save.
Once the appointment is booked you will be able to see the following information on the appointment in the Doctor App:
- Patients EDD
- Birth Date (if there is a birth record)
Opening an obstetric consultation
If the patient has an appointment on the scheduler:
Click on the patient appointment from the scheduler, this will open the consult screen.
If the patient does not have an appointment on the scheduler:
1. Click on the three lines on the top left of the app.
2. Select Patients and search the patient name.
3. Click on the patient and select Quick Consult.
Click on the Obstetric History section to add notes and view the following:
- Current Gestation
- Active Medical Issues
- Active Pregnancy Issues
- Agreed EDD
- Pregnancy Management
Once you have added any notes required, click on the back arrow and Save the consult.
If you have opened the consult from an appointment: Enter a message to receptionist and invoice information (if required). Click Save and any messages or invoicing information will be attached to the appointment to be actioned as required.
Adding a Birth Record
Once you have opened a consult for an obstetric patient you will be able to enter a Birth Record.
1. Open the consult by selecting the patient appointment or searching for the patient (instructions above).
2. Click on the 3 dots and select Birth Record.
3. Enter the details of the birth and select Save.
4. If you have opened the consult from an appointment: Enter a message to receptionist and invoice information (if required). Click Save and any messages or invoicing information will be attached to the appointment to be actioned as required.
Note: Once a Birth Record has been added you will be unable to enter obstetric information using the Doctor App, as the next appointment will be the postnatal consultation and the obstetric record is no longer open.