This update concentrates on enhancing existing workflows, with a focus on streamlining useability and increasing productivity.
- Keyboard shortcuts when adding billing items
- 100% schedule rebate is no longer reliant on Medicare expiry
- 90 Day Gap - Extras Payment Option
- 90 Day Gap format improvements
- Ability to turn On/Off the 90 Day Gap
- Fee Estimate can only be linked to one appointment
- Patient Postal Address is displayed by default
- MIMS Updates
Keyboard shortcuts when adding billing items
We have introduced keyboard shortcuts when entering billing item numbers, to reduce clicks and provide a smoother and more efficient process when billing a patient. These shortcuts are available in the following areas:
- Fee Estimate
- Operation Report
- Message to Receptionist
The keyboard shortcuts we have introduced are:
1. When you type an item number in the Add Billing Items field you can now use Enter on the keyboard to select the item number. If there are multiple item number options, use your arrow keys to select the correct item.
2. When you select the item number, in the Add New Item pop up you can now use Tab on your keyboard to select the correct fields on the pop up.
3. Once you have added a billing item, the cursor will default back to the Add Billing Items field ready to start searching the next item.
100% schedule rebate is no longer reliant on Medicare expiry
The patient Medicare card expiry date in the patient demographics will no longer be a mandatory field to see the Medicare and Health Fund rebate details on private, in-patient fee estimates and invoice types. This reduces the amount of information required to be able to successfully bill the patient.
90 Day Gap Scheme - Extras Cover Payments
You will now be able to use Extras as a payment type when invoicing using the 90 Day Gap. This allows you to add Extras, non-MBS and stock items to the one invoice, reducing the need for multiple invoices.
90 Day Gap format improvements
We have introduced an improved user-friendly design for the item table, totals, and printed copies of the 90 Day Gap invoices and fee estimates. This new format will also be available to those patients who have access to the Patient Portal.
Ability to turn On/Off the 90 Day Gap
If you will not be using the 90 Day Gap billing option, you now have the option to turn this off per provider. This can reduce incorrect billing if the service is not provided by your practice.
Click here to learn more about turning this billing option On/Off.
Note: The default setting is set to On.
Fee Estimate can only be linked to one appointment
To learn more about booking procedure appointments click here.
This change reflects future data only.
Patient Postal Address is displayed by default
The patient or account holders postal address will be the default address displayed. If there is no postal address in the file, the residential address will be displayed. This ensures that correct address information is available on important documents.
This is available in the following areas:
- Private + 90 Day Gap Invoice
- Private + 90 Day Gap Fee Estimate
- Operating List (Patient only)
Providers who use a MIMS subscription will see the updated database of medications and allergies when creating a prescription. Click here for the MIMS Newsletter which details these updates.
If you need to reconfigure any favourites following this update, click here for instructions.
Should you have any enquiries or feedback, please call us on 02 8705 5808 between 8:00 am - 6:00 pm AEST Monday - Friday, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.