This article will explain how to:
- Grant a new patient access to the Patient Portal
- Grant an existing patient access to the Patient Portal
- Import demographics, account and checklist data from the Patient Portal
- Retrieve documents uploaded from the Patient Portal
Granting a new patient access to the Patient Portal
1. Book appointments for patients by double clicking the appointment time or use the 'Add Appointment' button along the white bar at the top of your screen.
2. To select an existing patient, type the patient's name to select from the drop-down menu or create a new patient by clicking the + icon.
3. To add a new patient, fill out the patient's basic information. Also, give the patient access to the patient portal by entering a valid email address.
Please note: Ensure your patient portal is turned ON before entering the patient's email address.
4. If you have set-up your 'patient notification email' and have added a valid email address as shown in the above image, click 'Save'.
The patient will receive an email to log into the patient portal at: clinictocloud.com.au/login and will need to take the following steps:
- Click the login link
- Click 'Forgot Password' on the login page to receive another email with a temporary password to use
Please note: Once the patient has logged in, they should immediately change their password in 'My Settings'
5. Once logged in, the patient will be asked to accept the privacy and conditions for the practice before continuing through into the patient portal.
6. The patient will be able to click on 'Demographics' to edit and add their details. The right panel will allow patients to 'Add Current Referral'.
7. The patient will go through each page to edit by clicking 'Next' at the bottom of each page.
8. Once the patient has completed each page by inserting their details they must accept the terms and click 'Save'.
9. Suggest to your patients to change their password to something easier for them to remember under 'My Settings' before logging out.
10. When the patient arrives for their appointment or before the patient leaves, ensure to find them in your patients list to 'View' their demographics.
11. Once you enter the patient's file click 'Import Patient Information' to have all the patient's demographics imported from what the patient has added on their online patient portal.
12. Ensure you have all the correct details of the patient before clicking 'Save'.
Please note: Once you click 'Save' the patient will not be able to edit their details in their patient portal
13. Click 'Edit' if any details are missing and need to be added.
14. If the patient has uploaded a referral on their patient portal, this will appear in 'Scanned Documents > Review Scans'. Select the file and attach the referral to the patient's file by clicking 'Link'.
Granting access to the Patient Portal to existing patients
1. Click 'Patients' to search for the existing patient in the system.
2. Click the drop-down arrow to click on 'Edit'.
3. Add the patient's valid 'Email Address' and tick the 'Patient Portal' box underneath.
4. Let the patient know they will receive a patient notification email with a username and password to log into the patient portal at clinictocloud.com.au/login
Please note: Existing patients do not have the ability to edit their details in the patient portal. They will have access to all invoices and any further information you give them access to in the ‘Patient Portal Settings’ (as mentioned above in this article).
Import demographics, account and checklist data from the Patient Portal
After a patient saves their demographics, accounts and checklist within the Patient Portal, their demographic file will contain the button 'Import Patient Information' to import from the Patient Portal into Clinic to Cloud.
Retrieve documents uploaded from the Patient Portal
1. Referrals and documents uploaded through the Patient Portal by patients will be automatically uploaded into Clinic to Cloud under Scanned Documents > Review Scans
2. Select the document type (e.g. referral, document, imaging form) and enter a description if applicable.
The document is now linked to the patient's file.