You will need to add all external stakeholders as contacts before you are able to send letters to that person, add them to fee estimates or add as an account holder. Examples of contacts are:
- Referring doctors
- Account Holders
- Other Professionals
The Short Version
- Add a contact
- Enter Personal, Professional and Secure Messaging information
- Edit a contact by searching the contact list
- Print a label for a contact
- Delete a contact
Adding a contact
1. Click the icon next to Contacts on the left-hand vertical menu bar.
2. Click Contacts on the left-hand vertical menu bar, then click Add New Contact
When adding a contact to your practice, there are three sections to complete-
1. Personal Info- this is where you enter the personal/contact information. This information will be used when creating letters, printing labels and when creating fee estimates.
Mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk *.
2. Professional Details- this is where you enter the professional details of the contact.
- Referring Doctor- If the contact is a referring doctor, you will need to fill in their Provider number, Specialty, and tick the Referrer option. Note: The Specialty will be used to automatically select the duration of the referral when this contact is added as the referrer.
- Assisting Surgeon/Anaesthetist- If the contact is an Assisting Surgeon, Anaethetist or Assistant Anaesthetist that you will be adding to your fee estimates, you will need to ensure the relevant box is ticked.
3. Secure Messaging- this is where you enter the secure messaging information
- Argus- you can enter their Argus name directly into the field, or click the icon and search for the name using the Argus Directory. You then need to change the Preferred Methods of Messaging to Argus.
- HealthLink- you can enter their HealthLink name directly into the field, or click the icon and search for the name using the Healthlink Directory. You then need to change the Preferred Methods of Messaging to HealthLink.
- Medical Objects- you can enter their Medical Objects name directly into the field, or click the icon and search for the name. You then need to change the Preferred Methods of Messaging to Medical Objects.
To learn more about your Secure Messaging options and how to set this up click here.
Once you have filled in all of the relevant information, click the icon.
Editing a contact
1. Go to Contacts and either search for the name in the search bar or use the filters on each column
2. Click the icon
3. Make any changes needed and click Update to save
Printing a contact label
You also have the ability to print a label by clicking the icon next to each contact.
To set up label favourties so that you can select a custom label click here.
Deleting a contact
You can delete a contact by clicking the icon.
All deleted contacts can be restored by going to Settings > Deleted Items which is available to Admin users only.