This article will explain how to:
- Turn on the Patient Portal
- Configure the Patient Portal
- Customise the Patient Portal Welcome email (Patient Notification)
- Add a patient questionaire (checklist) to the Patient Portal
Or watch this short video:
Turn on the Patient Portal
1. Go to 'Settings' > 'Patient Portal Settings'
Configure the Patient Portal
1. Under the 'Customisation' tab, select the features that you would like the patient to have access to.
Appointment access can be limited to specific doctors and locations:
Clinical Data can be accessed by patients:
Note: Patients have access to their invoices, appointments and basic demographics automatically.
2. In the 'Privacy Notice & Consent' tab, you can customise your privacy notice and consent disclaimer details, should you require them.
To create a Consent disclaimer, select "Create Consent"
To create a Waiting List disclaimer, select "Create Waiting List Disclaimer"
3. In the 'Logo' tab, you can add your practice's logo. We suggest using the Same as Practice Logo for consistency, but you may add a different logo should you wish. Click 'Save' once you have selected your preferred logo.
Please ensure you select 'Save' to save your settings.
Customise the Patient Welcome Email (Patient Notification email)
1. Go to 'Settings' > 'Notifications'
2. Click 'New Patient Notification'
3. Edit the email to your specifications by using tags on the left to pre-populate information automatically into the email notification.
You may choose to include in your email template
- Instruction for the patient to populate their Demographics (regisration form) into the Patient Portal prior to their visit
- Instructions for the patient to upload a referral or relevant document prior to their visit
- Instructions for the patient to confirm their appointment
- Address details for your practice, so the patient can easily find your practice
- Any other information you'd like to share with your new patients
The automated email notification will create a login and password for the patient.
Therefore, please ensure you keep the following details on the template
Login at https://www.clinictocloud.com.au/Login
4. Once you have completed editing your email template, select 'Update'
5. Set your No Reply Email address.
Go to Settings > Notifications
Under the 'NO REPLY EMAIL' section, you may update the display name and email address which shows as the sender when an email is sent from Clinic to Cloud.
Add a patient questionnaire to the Patient Portal
The patient checklist is like a questionnaire that patients can complete within the Patient Portal prior to their first appointment.
If the patient does not complete the checklist on the Patient Portal, the admin can also complete it on their behalf while the patient is in the practice.
1. Go to Settings > Checklists Templates
2. Go to the 'Patient Checklist Template' > select 'Add New Template Item'
3. The checklist field name is free typed into the 'Item Name' field.
2. The type of item can then be selected. Options are
- Heading: which allows the admin to create headings for the questionnaire
- Subheading: which allows the admin to create sub-headings for the questionnaire
- Dropdown List: which allows the patient to select one value from a list
- Checkbox List: which allows the patient to select multiple checkbox values
- Radio Button List: which allows the patient to select one value from many options
- Text Area: which allows the patient to enter free text into a large text area
- Text Box: which allows the patient to enter free text into a confined text box
This checklist will be available for new patients to complete within the Patient Portal, saving admin time filling in and double-handling paper forms in the waiting room.
The checklist will also be available on the patient file for the admin to complete within Clinic to Cloud.