A fee estimate is used to create a quote for a patient procedure. The fee estimate links to the surgical appointment (or day surgery) and allows you to manage the procedures under procedure management, in addition to this, it also allows you to create an operation report to send to the hospital.
The fee estimate icon is located in on the top right corner of your Clinic to Cloud.
With An Appointment
1. Highlight the appointment until a blue highlight appears around the appointment
2. Once your appointment is highlighted click the fee estimate icon as per the above screenshot THEN FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM STEP 3 BELOW.
Without An Appointment
Click the Fee Estimate icon and enter in the name of the patient THEN FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM STEP 3 BELOW.
3. Choose the Doctor and Location from the drop-down lists. Then type in the name of the procedure you are creating a fee estimate for and the relevant type of billing options dependent on the patient then click 'Create'. (If your procedure name is not in the list you can add it in to the list How To Add/Edit Procedure Types)
4. You will notice three tabs along the top of your fee estimate to work through. Complete the first tab 'Fee Estimate' and change any details based on the procedure location, doctor, ect..
5. Add the item numbers for the procedure under 'Item Details'
6. Add any notes for the hospital into the 'Notes for Theatre' section. This will only been seen on the operation list for the hospital.
7. Add any notes, pre-operation, post-operation instructions, disclaimers ect. under the 'Customise Text for Fee Estimate Printout'. Click the plus sign to choose from your fee estimate templates or the pencil to customise and edit the text. To add fee estimate templates go to How To Add A Fee Estimate Template.
8. Click the 'Procedure Details' tab to add further information about the procedure. If you do not have this information yet it can be added at a later date. This information will pull into the operation report for the hospital.
9. Click the 'Check List' tab to add a task list to manage this procedure. To add a checklist to your list go to How To Create Procedure/Fee Estimate Checklist Templates.
10. Once you have completed this. You have the ability to save this fee estimate as a favourite if this is something you would like to use again by clicking 'Save as Favourite'. This means it can be reused for other patients. The 'Publish to Patient Portal' tick box will send this to the patient portal for the patient to review. For more information on the patient portal go to Patient Portal. You can click 'Save & Print' to create a copy for the patient.
11. Click 'Save & Close' to leave this page.