From the Scheduler
(invoice icon is located on the top right side of the scheduler page)
With an appointment
1. If the patient has an appointment on the scheduler you can click their appointment once to highlight it (it will show a blue line around the appointment if it is highlighted) then click the invoice icon (shown above) PROCEED TO STEP 2
Without an appointment
1. Click the invoice icon and type the name of the patient
Choose the 'Doctor' and 'Location' PROCEED TO STEP 2
2. The below pop-up will appear. Complete the information 'in-patient' and 'Private' Then click 'Create'. (the Account Holder will display in brackets next to the private option, if this is incorrect you will need to change the account holder in the patients file under Account Info >> Account Holder)
3. All of the relevant information will pull into the invoice from the appointment. If you have invoiced incorrectly (under the wrong location, date, account holder) you will need to re create the invoice.
4. The referral can be changed if required by clicking the 'Drop Down Arrow' or if there is no referral you can click the 'Plus icon' next to the 'Referral' section to add the referral details.
5. There are optional fields to complete if required
- 'Admission Date' and 'Discharge Date' are not mandatory fields, but if you want to complete them you can. If you do complete this section this invoice must be created after the patient has been discharged or it will error.
- 'Imaging Machine' only needs to be completed if you are billing for an LSPN related item number.
6. Type into the 'Item No' the item number if known
7. Alternatively you can 'Search by Description'
8. Once you have added your item you need to complete the relevant details for the item.
- You have the ability to add or change the 'Date of Service'. You can also add multiple dates onto one invoice.
- Choose the 'Payment Type' (If you elect 'Private', you have the ability to change the price or add a discount)
- Add 'Duration' time if relevant
- Tick the 'Not related Care Plan' or 'Not Standard Aftercare' if relevant
- Add 'Notes' to this item number if relevant
9. Click 'Add Item'
- The item will fill into the invoice
- Items to be added one by one as per instructions above
- Remove any item by clicking the 'Trash Can' icon
- MPR, If multiple procedure items have been added to an invoice the MPR rule will automatically pop-up and the 'MPR' tick box will be ticked (MPR = multiple procedure rule)
- You can then choose your percentage settings
- MPR for Private Fees, If you would like to apply the MPR to your private fees as well as the rebate click the tick box 'MPR for Private Fees'
- Add 'Distance' in km if relevant
10. The totals appear on the invoice based on what items you have selected. Add the payment to the invoice by clicking 'Payment' and typing the payment into the relevant section. (for example: If the patient pays via Cash you would type the amount next to cash) Once you have added this then click save or enter to apply the payment.
Note: If the patient has a deposit against their account and would like to utilise this, list the value in the deposit field and that will be used against the payment of the invoice.
11. Once the details are saved the amount due should show zero and the 'Transaction History' will show the applied payment details. Click the 'Print' option to Print the invoice.
12. If the patient is entitled to a refund from Medicare you click the claim button. Once you do this a new tab will highlight itself with the patient claim information that has been sent to Medicare. They will receive their rebate from Medicare.