From the Scheduler
(invoice icon for the patient label is located on the top right side of the scheduler page)
With an appointment
1. If the patient has an appointment on the scheduler you can click their appointment once to highlight it (it will show a blue line around the appointment if it is highlighted) then click the invoice icon (shown above) THEN FOLLOW THE STEPS FROM STEP 2
Without an appointment
1. Click the invoice icon and type the name of the patient
2. Choose the 'Doctor' and 'Location' THEN FOLLOW THE STEPS FROM STEP 2
3. The referral can be changed if required by clicking the 'Drop Down Arrow' or if there is no referral you can click the 'Plus icon' next to the 'Referral' section to add the referral details.
4. There are optional fields to complete if required
- 'Admission Date' and 'Discharge Date' are not fields that need to be completed for an Out-Patient invoice.
- 'Imaging Machine' only needs to be completed if you are billing for an LSPN related item number.
5. Type the Item No into the 'Item No' field
6. Type into the 'Item No' or 'Search by Description'
7. Once you have added your item you need to complete the relevant details for the item.
- You have the ability to add or change the 'Date of Service'. You can also add multiple dates onto one invoice.
- You will only see the 'Rebate' option which is what DVA pays for this item
- Add 'Duration' time if relevant
- Tick the 'Not related Care Plan' or 'Not Standard Aftercare' if relevant
- Add 'Notes' to this item number if desired
8. Click 'Add Item'
- The item will fill into the invoice
- Items to be added one by one as per instructions above
- Remove any item by clicking the trash can icon
- MPR - MPR for Private Fees are not relevant to an outpatient invoice
- Add 'Distance in km if relevant
9. In the top right of the invoice you have the ability to print the 'D12126S form' if desired. This is not a Medicare mandatory anymore and is optional
10. 'Save and Print' if the patient wants a copy
11. 'Save and Close' to save and go back to the scheduler. This invoice is now ready to be sent through to DVA under the Claiming section. Please click this link for instructions on claiming How to Submit Medicare (Bulk Bill/DVA) Claims